Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This is getting tougher and tougher

I'm not really sure what I will do if they abstain from their own frigging bill. I agreed on Afghanastan, I understood the logic of the budget vote, I can even argue in favor of those things but this one will be tough. If we sit on our hand come Thursday, they Not a Leader theme is going to be tougher than ever to battle at the door come the next election.

This is tax shelter manna for Liberal voters. Would you not like to discuss how the blue team caused an election over a way to effectively save for your kids education. the ads could already be in the can..."Does Stephan Harper think that the best way to save for your kids education is to be an MP with terminal cancer? Why doesn't Harper want us to keep our hard earned dollars? MAybe he'll have Ian Brodie leak the answers next...."

WE need to get to the polls and get to the polls now. We are looking worse and worse by the moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you had better start thinking about what you are going to do - the Liberals have stated they will not be defeating the Government Thursday -- perhaps in April is their latest threat. I have never been one who considered the Liberals to have a whole lot of principals but seriously, this is getting beyond reasonable. It is now apparent that the Liberals will only vote for an election if they think they can win. The economy be damned, health care be damned, justice issues be damned, any issued be damned -- the only thing that matters to Liberals is getting back at the trough. This is sick.

davegibb said...

I was raised that unless I haver something nice to say...

Anonymous said...

I also want an election called soon. Of course it's hard to predict what would happen in an election but I think it's time to present our case to the voters. But I am going to be a little patient until the by-election is done. A few seats win there could change voters perception. And in politics, perception plays a big role.

I would be ok with them abstaining from the vote for now since that won't be the end of it yet. They can then wait until the second part of the bill to come through and vote it down. By that time it would be spring and campaign and voting could be done in better weather. From the comment by the Liberal officials, looks like this is what they are planning.

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.