Monday, February 25, 2008

The budget is coming, the budget is coming


Holy crap its here. Seeing as I bet my shirt two years ago that we would never be seeing another minority Tory budget, well just say I'd be writing this without wearing shirt. The blue team is bringing Ottawa to a wild frenzy with all of the potentially fatal jockeying from crime to Afghanastan. I beleive, and am going on record with it, that we will not like the budget, we will rant about the budget, but we will not defeat the governement on the budget. We desperately need the momentum that the by-elections can provide and the blue team has once again defined our position on spending before we had the chance to do it, again. They are worse than catching a frickin' pickpocket. They shameless bend the truth, (read LIE), and for some reason the people who are reading it are sucking it up. My co-workers eat this bait hook line and sinker and I'm not sure what we can do to diffuse it if we vote against a budget that is paying down debt.

I think the budget flies, we sweep the by-elections, and come April, down they go and off to the polls.

If I'm wrong, you'll never hear this topic mentioned again.

3 comments:

Red Tory said...

Hey Dave, I used to live in Amherstburg several years ago and just wanted to say "Hi" on that account. Anything new and exciting there?

Anonymous said...

I get the feeling you're going to like the upcoming byelections every bit as much as the last set. They'll give Steffi just the (lack of) momentum he needs to prop up the Conservatives for a full term.

You guys are well past the point of diminishing returns. The longer you dither, the more you'll bleed.

Susan said...

I think this is definitely an amazing project here. So much good will be coming from this project. The ideas and the work behind this will pay off so much.
sims 4 news